首页 新闻娱乐 分类信息 汽车资讯 房产信息 便民查询 时尚资讯 电脑数码 母婴频道 婚庆频道 教育文化 朝阳美食 许愿祝福 我的博客 朝阳社区

突破雅思8分作文经典25句:职场必备英语

aicy.com.cn 2008-6-2 12:10:58 转载 
字号设置:[ ]

  1.我本该知道他是个保不住什么密的人。我真不该告诉他那件事。

  I should have known he could not keep anything secret. I really shouldn’t have told him that.

  2.我是不是来的不是时候啊?

  Have I come at an awkward time?

  3.她强挤出了一丝微笑来掩饰自己的尴尬。

  She forced a smile to cover up her awkwardness.

  4.太湖由于过度捕捞,著名的“三白”,即:白鱼、白虾、银鱼几乎要枯竭了。

  The Taihu Lake has been overfished and the well-known “Three Whites”, namely, white fish, white shrimps and small ‘silver’ fish are almost exhausted.

  5.我的背景是工薪阶层,在这些高收入人群中感到很不自在。

  With my working-class background, I feel like a fish out of water among these high-income people.

  6.很抱歉我不能整天坐在这儿和你瞎侃。我还有更要紧的事要做。

  Sorry I can’t afford to sit here and chat with you all day. I have bigger fish to fry.

  7.我恐怕得让你走人了。我这里庙小,装不下你这个大和尚。

  I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you to leave. You are a big fish in a small pond.

  8.她突然辞职,我们皆为之愕然。

  Her sudden resignation took us all by surprise.

  9.要确保胜利,我们就必须出其不意、攻其不备。

  To ensure success, we’ll have to take them by surprise.

  10.造成这些鱼长这么大个儿的因素有三:海底的热输油管道、钻井平台工作人员扔下去的充足的食物供应、石油平台附近完全没有捕鱼船。

  Three factors have caused these fish to grow so large: the warm water round the hot oil pipes

  under the sea; the plentiful supply of food thrown overboard by the crews of the rigs; the total

  absence of fishing boats around the oil rigs.

  11.就供需而言,经济型的中档轿车在汽车市场上还是供货不足。

  In terms of supply and demand, economical intermediate-grade cars are still in short supply on the auto market.

  12.那是你不在的时候发生的。

  It happened during your absence.

  13.我不会接受任何我不在场的情况下做出的决定的。

  I wouldn’t accept any decision made in my absence.

  14.经理不在的时候,由我负责。

  In the absence of the manager, I shall be in charge.

  15.频繁争执不利于婚姻幸福。

  Constant arguing doesn’t make for a happy marriage.

  16.文化交流有助于相互了解。

  1) Cultural exchanges make for mutual understanding.

  2) Cultural exchanges are beneficial to mutual understanding.

  3) Cultural exchanges are conducive to mutual understanding.

  4) Cultural exchanges can promote mutual understanding.

  17.我认为我们可以和他们做生意,但在做出任何举动之前我们需要派个人去进一步摸摸情况。

  I think we can do business with them, but we need to send someone to spy out the land before

  any further step is taken.

  18.银行结算单使你清楚你的钱是怎么花的。

  Bank statements help you keep track of where your money is going.

  19.我可以听到他们在压低了声音说话,但听不清他们在说些什么。

  I could hear them talking in very low voice, but I can’t make out what they are talking.

  20.他颇带讽刺地冲我笑了一下,这使我真的很不舒服。

  He cast me a sarcastic smile which made me really uncomfortable.

  21.“你认为我们的电脑在夜里这么晚了还喜欢工作吗?就我所知,它想睡觉了”,我讽刺地对还在打电脑游戏的儿子说道。

  ‘Do you think our computer enjoys working at such a late hour of the night? I think, to the

  best of my knowledge, it wants to go to bed’ I said sarcastically to my son who was still

  playing computer games.

  22.从那时起,这座伟大的纪念碑对通过纽约港来到美国安家落户的千百万人来说就成了一个自由的象征。

  Ever since then, the great monument has been a symbol of liberty for the millions of people

  who have passed through New York Harbor to make their homes in America.

  23.他跟别人说话总喜欢带一种教训人的语气。

  He likes to speak to others in an instructive tone.

  24.全世界都屏息而待,看哪个城市会赢得2010年世博会的承办权。

  All the world held its breath to see which city would win the right to host the 2010 World

  Exposition.

  25.赛跑运动员们脚尖抵着起跑线准备起跑。

  The runners toed the line, ready to start.